8 Jun 2016

Wearing Blue for World Oceans Day!

HAPPY WORLD OCEANS DAY!!!

Did you remember to "wear blue and share two" today? Two facts about the oceans that is!

I miss the Oceanic Blog-A-Thon very much! One day when I have time for more serious blogging again I'll relaunch it (and hope there are still enough people left reading me who want to join in). But for today, a quick simple post to remember the day.


Considering this year's topic is "Healthy Oceans, Healthy Planet", I thought I'd point you towards a HUGE problem for the ocean: PLASTIC. :o(

Here's a really good video from NOAA on Marine Debris and its impact on marine life (link in case the embed stops working in the future)...


3 comments:

  1. I thought of you today when I heard it is World Oceans Day. Thanks for the video, and I'm glad I live in an area where one-use plastic bags have been banned in grocery stores! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DJan! Happy to hear you thought of me together with WOD! :o)
      I always try to use recycled bags as much as possible, sadly they haven't taken such legislative measures around here yet so there are way to much plastic bags around!

      Delete
  2. So happy to see a post from you. I miss you. I thought of you a lot when we were snorkeling in the Keys. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Yes you! The quiet one in the back... I'd love it if you hung out for a bit and shared your thoughts!

I might stop by your place with an answer, but I'm more likely to reply right here so click on "email follow up comments" if you'd like to see what I and others have to say and come continue the conversation! ;o)