1 Jun 2013

Join the Oceanic Blog-A-Thon for World Oceans Day!


Only one week to go until World Oceans Day!!! :o)


Have you made any plans? Checked out the events listed at the World Oceans Day website to see if there's anything taking place near you? Or perhaps created your own event?


I'm sure you been thinking about what to write for the Oceanic Blog-A-Thon next weekend!!! Right?!?!?!
I've finally figured out what my contribution will be from this blog (still have to find time for the post from CrisCrossing the Globe), I'm going to introduce you to a funky oceanic critter... but first you have to try and guess who it is!!! Three clues a day starting tomorrow... good luck! ;o)


Although things have been quiet here on the blog (one of these days I'll have to explain my disappearing act this spring), I have been getting ready for World Oceans Day and the Oceanic Blog-A-Thon! I've submitted it as an official event on the WOD website, hopefully it will appear there soon. And I've created an event page you can join on Facebook! I also learnt how to launch a hash tag on Twitter... I had no idea it was so simple! So you can expect updates on the FB event page and on Twitter via #oceanicblogathon. :o)


And now, time for ...

INSTRUCTIONS:


1. Write a post on your blog on an ocean-related theme any time this week or next weekend. Can be anything you like! Need ideas? Check out posts from previous editions: 2012 - 2011 - 2010 - 2009. Don't have a blog but would like to participate anyway? You can write a guest post on either of my blogs Here and There and Everywhere or CrisCrossing the Globe.

2. Send me the link! Either in a comment under this post, on the Facebook event page, on Twitter or by e-mail (crazycrisblogger atgmailetc. -am trying to avoid the spambots).

3. I will write up an introduction to your post and link up to it here at the Oceanic Blog-A-Thon so other participants and visitors will know where to find it!

4. Remember:
  • Link back to the Oceanic Blog-A-Thon in your post!
  • Go read the other participating posts and leave them a comment!
  • Check back in to the Oceanic Blog-A-Thon several times over the weekend as I'll be updating it each time I get a new submission. (I'll announce updates on Facebook and Twitter)

5. Spread the word!
The more people participate in the Oceanic Blog-A-Thon the more interesting it will be for all of us! Go ahead and use the Oceanic Blog-A-Thon poster above.

6. HAVE FUN!!! :o)

I hope to sea many of you here next weekend! ;o)

What say we end this on a musical note? Deep Sea News posted a series of oceanic songs a while back and this seems like the perfect time to share some of them with you! Enjoy! :o)

 

10 comments:

  1. Two people got a "sneak peek" at my oceanic guessing game when I goofed and published it early this morning by accident! It will reappear tomorrow morning as originally planned... :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I haven't time to join in this year, as I'm barely keeping up with my regular blogging (still need to finish Spartacus!). Will enjoy following it here though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pity! But I completely get it... I'm going nuts trying to find enough time to put all this together myself! :o(
      But at least you'll be able to stop by and enjoy what others have written! ;o)

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm looking forward to reading everyone else's posts! ;o)

      You should consider writing one and participating! With your recent trips I'm sure you've got something oceanic in there!

      Delete
  4. Hey! I didn't see that sneak peek! Darn! Okay, I'll wait until tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Not only did you see that sneak peek... you commented!!! :P

      Delete
  5. Count me in for the Blog-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! A participant from South Africa!!! :o)

      I love the way you write on your blog Anthea, so I'm really looking forward to your post! ;o)

      Delete
  6. Here is the link to my World Oceans Day post (grins)
    http://iampetitedynamite.blogspot.com/2013/06/coral-spawning-world-oceans-day-blog.html

    Hope you like it! Africa, in.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Yes you! The quiet one in the back... I'd love it if you hung out for a bit and shared your thoughts!

I might stop by your place with an answer, but I'm more likely to reply right here so click on "email follow up comments" if you'd like to see what I and others have to say and come continue the conversation! ;o)