25 Nov 2010

Snowflakes and Turkey

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!


We got our first snow here today...


The snowfall made me feel all goofy and giggly at the bus stop waiting to head back downtown from the university, and I just let my inner child out again and had fun catching huge snowflakes on my tongue! :p  

(you can barely make them out, bad cellphone pic!)

When I left it wasn't sticking to the ground yet, but I'm taking my camera up with me tomorrow morning just in case the campus is all white (nothing in town). ;o)


I hadn't been planning on doing anything for Thanksgiving, too much work to do! But by the time I had finished my errands downtown (including grocery shopping) I figured I wasn't going to get much work (correcting essays, ugh!) done anyways so... I called up a friend and asked if he wanted to join me for an impromptu (and highly improvised) Thanksgiving dinner!

On the menu, homemade Mac&Cheese and grilled turkey breast fillets (I had to at least have some turkey!!!)


followed by these little lovelies:


delicious and nutritious!


Just to say, you don't need an elaborate feast to give Thanks, just some good will, good spirits and good friends!


I hope you all had a Happy Turkey Day!!! :o)

4 comments:

  1. LOL!!! I love the photo of the Canada Dry can...good taste you have...(hmmm sounds like a little Yoda)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that looks GREAT, especially those desserts, Cris. And a pretty fancy looking date, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dive Girl, Canada Dry Ginger Ale is one of those thing I miss when in Spain! They have a schweppes variety but in my opinion it tastes aweful! :p

    Oh, and funny you should mention "a little Yoda", I've got a little Yoda next to my pillow! :p

    DJan, if there's one thing they know how to do around here (other than beer and chocolate) it's fabulous desserts!!!

    The friend I'm with is one of the only two left here in Liège from the big crazy group we used to be when I lived here... everybody else has moved away, myself included (I just keep coming back, lol!). So I've been thankful to still have a friend in the city! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm coming to Belgium for the desserts! Wow, those look good enough to eat, lol.

    Glad to read you had some turkey and well, homemade mac and cheese is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Yes you! The quiet one in the back... I'd love it if you hung out for a bit and shared your thoughts!

I might stop by your place with an answer, but I'm more likely to reply right here so click on "email follow up comments" if you'd like to see what I and others have to say and come continue the conversation! ;o)