21 Nov 2010

Movie Madness: POTTER!!!

Tonight's THE night!!!


I finally get to see the Beginning of the End with friends of mine in Luxemburg (so English!!! no dubbing, yay!!!). I've already heard from my sisters that it's fabulous... so very excited! I think the hardest thing will be waiting 8 months for the 2nd half of the story, argh!!!



Last year I prepared for the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince with Potter Wednesdays when I rewatched all the previous films on dvd and reviewing them here on the blog (Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix). For this movie I wanted to re-read all the books, but I couldn't bring them with me to Belgium, so I just rented Half-Blood Prince on dvd to dip back into J.K.Rowling's magical universe. No need to mix up a batch of frenzy, I already got a fabulous dose last week in London when I happened on the World Premiere at Leicester Square!


If you want to dip back into the Potter Universe before watching the latest outing, you can either click on the titles above to re-visit my reviews, or you can head on over to Pop Classics where a Classicist gives her unique view on each of the films (very interesting reads!).

And you can be sure I'll be getting a Potter review out ASAP! ;o) 
I'll try to avoid spoilers... :p

4 comments:

  1. First impressions: WOW. wow!

    review coming in tomorrow. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people are saying this one is the best movie of all of them! I look forward to hearing what you have to say...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out! I'm looking forward to hearing what you thought, especially as this was, I thought, almost too faithful! (though it was brilliant)

    ReplyDelete
  4. DJan, I'd pretty much agree with that assessment, except that Juliette is right when she says "almost too faithful". I was wondering why I wasn't as excited about it as some others, and I realised it was because of the lack of surprises since it was extremely faithful to the book!

    Review coming up this evening! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Yes you! The quiet one in the back... I'd love it if you hung out for a bit and shared your thoughts!

I might stop by your place with an answer, but I'm more likely to reply right here so click on "email follow up comments" if you'd like to see what I and others have to say and come continue the conversation! ;o)