8 Jul 2010

OHE! OHE! OHE! OHEEEEEE!!!!!!!


SPAIN 1 - GERMANY 0 

           ESPAÑA 

                        ESTA EN LA 

                                             FINAL!!!!!!!


OHE! OHE! OHE! OHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!



The country's going crrrrrrazy!!!!! I just spent 20' driving around town with a flag hanging out my window honking my horn at any passers-by in red jerseys or other cars with flags! Sports history in the making: SPAIN IS IN THE FINAL OF THE WORLD CUP!!!! Our best match of the tournament so far (there's a great description of it on the NYTimes World Cup blog).... so much for Germany having scored 4 goals in each of their 3 previous matches... we barely let them even try for a couple of shots which were beautifully saved by Casillas! And what an astonishing goal by defense Puyol!!!! And Sunday we plan to teach the Dutch the same lesson as the Germans!


OHE! OHE! OHE! OHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

OHE! OHE! OHE! OHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

OHE! OHE! OHE! OHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Somebody's excited!
    I'll admit, the last game I watched was several days ago - but the fiance has been keeping me in the loop! (Have you heard about the game outcome-predicting octopus for Germany? Funny story.)
    You've posted some great pictures of Hogueras - love the picture of you with the flag! - and the food...well, some of it looks tasty but I can't eat things that look back at me!
    I got to see some good fireworks for the 4th of July, but those were at a house party so nothing as grand as what you've got pictures of! I look forward to seeing more of your pictures - but not too soon I need to catch up on your blog!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited? Me? how could you tell?? :p

    Yeah, I heard about the octopus! In fact I'm planning a rescue mission before someone serves him up on a plate to rabid German football fans! lol!

    Don't worry, I have plenty more to show about Hogueras and the island and food and waterfalls and etc... but it seems I can only deal with one obsession at the time... and right now it's the World Cup!

    OHE! OHE! OHE! OHEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOOO, HOOO....

    I can just imagine the excitement that is buzzing around you...

    Good Luck to Spain (not that they will need it). Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, don't hate me, but I'm not really sure what the World Cup is, but I'm excited for you anyway, cuz you look so darn cute wrapped in that flag!

    On a side note, do you ever laugh at some of the "word verifications" that turn up and try to come up with a definition? (Can you tell I'm a little nuts?) Well, the word that I'm looking at below is zoozooty, so rather than giving your team a whohoo, I'm giving them a BIG ZOOZOOTY!

    Roughly translated this means a group of animals that run around playing some sort of team sport while dressed in zoot suits, but we love them because they are winning!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Yes you! The quiet one in the back... I'd love it if you hung out for a bit and shared your thoughts!

I might stop by your place with an answer, but I'm more likely to reply right here so click on "email follow up comments" if you'd like to see what I and others have to say and come continue the conversation! ;o)