9 Apr 2010

Tag My Tenth Photo Meme

I've been TAGGED!!! (insert big round eyes and scared face here)

OOPS!

I've been really bad these past several months with awards (I promise I haven't forgotten! they're all bookmarked! someday...) or memes... but this one seemed quick and easy. Jono over at e-clecticism has instructed me to open my first photo folder and insert here the 10th photo with a note. Now I've never been very good at following rules... and that iphoto folder contains the pix from my housewarming party in Belgium and some friends would never forgive me if they saw the light of day! That and they're grainy (dark, from a friend's not great camera). So I'm going to mix things up by putting up the first photo in my tenth album which was taken from a zodiac while being transported from ship to shore:

Weddell seals basking on an ice cube in the Antarctic sun

Those blubbery individuals basking on the ice cube are Weddell seals, named after a British sealing captain over a century ago. If you click on the photo for a bigger view you can just make out a couple of tuxedoed fellows on the dirty ice in the background -Adelie penguins-, and above them some odd looking structures that are part of the French Dumont D'Urville base in Antarctica (the place where "March of the Penguins" was filmed)... I really need to tell you guys about my polar adventures some day, don't I? 'cause that's really not one of the better photos in that album... ;o)

Now it's time to pass on the torch! Five new victims get to go digging in their photo archives... who shall it be? Must be someone whom I know takes pictures regularly...

*rubs hands together while cackling wickedly*

And the "winners" are:
...and anyone else who thinks this idea might be fun! feel free to join in! :o)


update: an * indicates I've edited the links so they go directly to the "10th photo" Blog Posts for those who decided to participate so whoever's curious can go Blog-Hopping in search of elusive "10th photos"! :p

6 comments:

  1. Okay girl, I just did my tenth photo! It was fun, too easy for me to share THAT one with new friends. Enjoy! And oh yes, I love your willingness to bend rules to suit yourself, and it was to my benefit anyway. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent! loved yours too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better late than never! I'm going down my list trying to visit all my friends. I've made it to the Hs! Now, (even though I know it won't be as awesome as yours) I'll go grab that photo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I posted it... uh oh! I forgot to tag...

    L8r

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww! I love this photo.... and I feel so badly for your sister being stuck from that volcano. I found you through a comment to Shellbelle's TH. ps- that dogfish video is wild!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey Pam! welcome to the blog!

    yeah... if you think this photo is cool... I've got better ones I'll have to share some day!
    the randomness of the choice, but these guys are always so blubbery relaxed in the sun, makes me envious!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Yes you! The quiet one in the back... I'd love it if you hung out for a bit and shared your thoughts!

I might stop by your place with an answer, but I'm more likely to reply right here so click on "email follow up comments" if you'd like to see what I and others have to say and come continue the conversation! ;o)