24 Jun 2009

Hogueras: La Noche de San Juan!

What with a short day (due to getting up a tad bit late, lol!) and lots to do, I haven't been able to put together the other post I wanted to... I guess I'll have to wait and show you more of the Hogueras themselves after they've been burnt to a crisp! :p

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT!!!
LA NOCHE DE SAN JUAN!!!

Tonight all those amazing constructions get filled up with firecrackers and and some point during the night the Bellea of each Hoguera will light the fuse to her Hoguera and as the flame travels into the statues firecrackers and fireworks will burst and the flames will set the whole structure on fire!
And that's where I am right now, watching it! Well, right now when this post goes "live" (I'm scheduling it for midnight, right when the "Palmera" gets launched from the Castle to signal the beginning of the fires). I'll tell you more about it tomorrow, but just so you get an idea, here's a video I put together last year when I went out with friends.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Exciting! Have fun tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see this years video! Who doesn't love fireworks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This year was AMAZING!!! Not so many fireworks since I chose to see one in the middle of the city (and so with buildings around it), but I was A LOT closer and could really feel the heat of the flames... thought I'd roast!!! Thankfully the firemen hosed us down! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Yes you! The quiet one in the back... I'd love it if you hung out for a bit and shared your thoughts!

I might stop by your place with an answer, but I'm more likely to reply right here so click on "email follow up comments" if you'd like to see what I and others have to say and come continue the conversation! ;o)